What is Coinbase and What Can You Do with It?
Coinbase is an app on which users are allowed to sell and buy numerous cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and more. Moreover, users are able to transfer a type of cryptocurrency into another type or transfer cryptocurrencies with others. Just like what is happening in the stock market, Coinbase indicates current prices and the trend of prices of cryptocurrencies in order to invest better.
- What to be Needed as You Create a Coinbase Account?
- Why is a Phone Number Needed as You Create a Coinbase Account?
- How to Create a Coinbase Account with a Second Number?
- A step-by-step guide to creating a Coinbase account with your second phone number
- BTW, What Else Can a Second Phone Number Do for You?
What to be Needed as You Create a Coinbase Account?
Before registering for Coinbase, the following requirement should be met first:
- Be at least 18 years old (proof will be asked for).
- A government-issued photo ID is required (passport cards aren’t accepted).
- A computer or smartphone connected to the Internet is needed.
- A phone number connected to your smartphone is needed (used to receive SMS text messages).
- The latest version of your browser (Chrome is recommended) or the latest Coinbase App version should be achieved. If you’re using the Coinbase app, make sure your phone’s operating system is up-to-date.
Why is a Phone Number Needed as You Create a Coinbase Account?
Have you ever noticed that a phone number is always called for as you register for online services? What leads to that?
Your phone number is an important way through which online services can get you.
As you finish up downloading and installing an app on your device, it doesn’t mean you open or uses it every day. However, the developers or creators of the app just hope you can use the app as much as possible. In addition, if they prepare some marketing services, they want to get you to know that at the first second. Plus, app customer service staff want to know how the app works for users in order to update it.
Unfortunately, if notification is disenabled on your device, the app creator fails to get you. But if your phone number is got by them, they can contact you at any time or they can reach you via an instant messenger like WhatsApp linked with your phone number so that any marketing news will be able to let you know.
Why isn’t Your Private Phone Number Suggested to be Provided to Online Service Registration?
Although a phone number is needed when registering for online services like Coinbase, your private phone number isn’t suggested.
Your device will be flooded with so many marketing messages.
Just as is mentioned above, the phone number that is required to be used for verification is used as a bridge connecting you and app creators so your smartphone will be flooded with quite a lot of marketing messages since your private number is linked with the app service. However, if you get a second phone number on your smartphone and it’s used to register for online services, the annoying marketing messages will be avoided.
It’ll be probably insecure.
Now that your phone number is usually called for as you create an account on an online service site or app, your phone number will be linked with so many services if your private phone number is used. Among all account registrations, nevertheless, your private phone number is also linked with your important accounts such as credit card information. If one of the online accounts has been unfortunately hacked, your personal information will be most exposed to the Internet. As a result, your private phone number will be a leading leak source of your online privacy.
How to Create a Coinbase Account with a Second Number?
Before creating a Coinbase account, get a second phone number from the Dingtone app.
- Step 1. Download Dingtone on your smartphone, either iOS or Android.
- Step 2. Tap the “Connect” and then “Get Your First Phone Number”.
- Step 3. Select country code, area code, and the specific number you like.
- Step 4. Finish up paying for the number with a credit card or Dingtone credits if you’ve earned enough.
Now, you’ve had a second phone number on your smartphone apart from your private phone number attached to the SIM card.
A step-by-step guide to creating a Coinbase account with your second phone number
To create a Coinbase account, you can make it on either a computer or smartphone.
To create a Coinbase account on your computer
Step 1. Go to Coinbase homepage and click the “Get Started” button at the right upper corner of the page.
Step 3. Fill in your second phone number and tap the “Send code” button to verify the validity of your second phone number. In this case, your Dingtone number should be filled with the correct country code and area code.
Step 4. As you receive a verification code from the Dingtone app message, fill in the code in the blank and tap the “Submit” to continue.
Step 5. Then, you’re required to finish your personal information filling to complete your ID verification.
To create a Coinbase account on your smartphone
Step 2. Open the Coinbase app and tap the “Get started” button to start to create an account.
Step 4. Go to your email box to verify the validity of your email address by clicking the link contained in the email sent by Coinbase email@example.com. With the link clicked, the interface below will be automatically redirected to the next step.
Step 5. Your identification should be verified through 2 steps: phone number verification and ID verification.
With all your identification verification completed, you’ll finish up Coinbase account registration.
BTW, What Else Can a Second Phone Number Do for You?
- A second phone number can be used to sign up for all accounts on almost all online services like Facebook, Telegram, Instagram, Signal, WeChat, etc.
- A second phone number is beneficial to boost your business.
- A second phone number is beneficial to cut your ratings for calls and messages.
- A second phone number helps to hide your private phone number or caller ID to protect your online privacy.