Get a 747 Area Code Phone Number in Los Angeles
Select a 747 Area Code Phone Number
Dingtone is the best second phone number app for wifi calling and texting. Stay safe and anonymous when giving out your number. With Dingtone, you can stay connected with friends and family, receiving calls and texts from all around the world, making cheap even free calls, send cheap even free texts.
What is 747 Area Code?
Area code 747 is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) for the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles County in the U.S. state of California. It was created on May 18, 2009, as an overlay code for area code 818, which was running out of phone numbers.
In the heart of Area Code 747 lies an intricate cultural tapestry woven from the threads of various ethnicities, languages, and traditions. Los Angeles, the epicenter of this area code, is a melting pot where global cultures seamlessly blend. From the historic Mexican heritage of Olvera Street to the eclectic art scenes of Downtown LA, every corner narrates a unique cultural story. Residents and visitors alike embrace this diversity, creating an atmosphere of acceptance and celebration.
Area Code 747 is a gateway to an array of travel wonders, captivating both locals and tourists. For entertainment enthusiasts, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Universal Studios Hollywood, and the glamorous theaters of Broadway offer a glimpse into the world of cinema and performing arts. Nature enthusiasts can escape to the nearby Santa Monica Mountains, providing hiking trails with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. Food lovers can embark on culinary adventures, exploring the city’s diverse eateries that cater to every palate, from gourmet restaurants to food trucks serving international delicacies.
The area code is also home to iconic attractions like the Getty Center, an architectural marvel showcasing art collections from around the globe, and the Griffith Observatory, offering breathtaking views of the cityscape and celestial wonders.
Beyond culture and travel, Area Code 747 is a hub of innovation. As part of the sprawling metropolis of Los Angeles, it’s a breeding ground for technology startups, creative ventures, and forward-thinking entrepreneurs. Silicon Beach, nestled within this area code, is a coastal stretch where tech innovation meets the beach, creating a unique blend of work and play.
Where is 747 Area Code?
Area Code 747 is located in Southern California, encompassing parts of Los Angeles County. It includes several key cities and communities within this region, showcasing a diverse range of cultures and lifestyles. Here are the main cities and counties within Area Code 747:
- Los Angeles: As the largest city within Area Code 747, Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis known for its entertainment industry, diverse neighborhoods, and cultural attractions.
- Burbank: Home to major studios like Warner Bros. and Walt Disney, Burbank is a hub for the entertainment and media sectors.
- Glendale: This city is known for its vibrant Armenian community, diverse dining options, and picturesque neighborhoods.
- San Fernando: San Fernando is a historic city with a rich cultural heritage, characterized by its local museums and events celebrating its Mexican and Latino roots.
Los Angeles County: The area covered by Area Code 747 falls primarily within Los Angeles County, one of the most populous counties in the United States. It encompasses a wide range of cities, neighborhoods, and communities, reflecting the area’s cultural diversity and economic significance.
Area Code 747, through these cities and counties, paints a vivid picture of Southern California’s dynamic landscape, blending urban sophistication with cultural richness.
The Time Zone of 747 Area Code:
Area Code 747 operates within the Pacific Time Zone (PT). The Pacific Time Zone is 8 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-8) during Standard Time, and 7 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC-7) during Daylight Saving Time, which typically starts on the second Sunday of March and ends on the first Sunday of November. This time zone aligns with the broader timekeeping system of the western United States, ensuring coordinated scheduling and communication for the residents and businesses within Area Code 747.
The History of 747 Area Code
The history of Area Code 747 traces back to the ever-increasing demand for telephone lines in the vibrant and populous region of Southern California. This area code, established on May 18, 2009, serves parts of Los Angeles County, including notable cities like Los Angeles, Burbank, Glendale, and San Fernando.
Area Code 747 was introduced as an overlay to the existing 818 area code. Overlays are implemented when the existing area code runs out of available phone numbers, necessitating the introduction of a new code to meet the growing communication needs of the area’s residents and businesses.
The implementation of Area Code 747 marked a significant milestone in Southern California’s telecommunications history. It allowed for the continued growth of communication networks, ensuring that individuals and enterprises could connect seamlessly in this bustling urban landscape. Since its inception, Area Code 747 has become an integral part of the region’s identity, representing the technological advancements and progress that define this dynamic area.
The Demographics of 747 Area Code
The demographic landscape within the 747 area code paints a vivid portrait of diversity and resilience. In terms of race and ethnicity, the area boasts a rich tapestry, with White residents comprising 52.9% of the population. The Hispanic or Latino community stands prominently at 38.7%, contributing significantly to the area’s cultural vibrancy. Additionally, there is a notable presence of Asians (6.7%) and African Americans (2.1%), highlighting the multicultural essence of the region. A remarkable 9.3% of the population represents the fusion of two or more racial backgrounds, further enriching the area’s diversity.
In terms of age, the 747 area code accommodates a broad spectrum of generations. The youth under 18 years old constitutes 23.9% of the population, indicating a thriving younger demographic. The working-age group, spanning from 18 to 64 years old, makes up 62.5%, representing the active workforce shaping the area’s economy. Moreover, the senior population aged 65 and above stands at 13.6%, underscoring the area’s commitment to providing for its elderly residents.
Economically, the 747 area code showcases impressive figures, with a median household income of $79,373. This financial stability positions the region’s residents comfortably above the national average, fostering a quality of life that reflects economic prosperity. In terms of education, the area exhibits a robust commitment to learning, with an impressive 88.9% of residents possessing a high school diploma or its equivalent. Furthermore, 46.6% of the population has attained a bachelor’s degree or higher, underscoring the emphasis on education and knowledge acquisition.
A hallmark of the 747 area code is its role as a home to major corporations. Renowned employers such as The Walt Disney Company, Warner Bros., and Sony Pictures are based here, drawing a diverse and talented workforce from across the nation. This influx of skilled professionals enriches the community’s cultural fabric, fostering an environment of innovation and collaboration.
In summary, the 747 area code stands as a vibrant and multifaceted community, embracing a diverse population and a robust economy. Its commitment to education, economic prosperity, and cultural inclusivity exemplifies the area’s resilience and vitality.
The Main Industries of 747 Area Code
The pulse of the 747 area code resonates with a diverse array of thriving industries, shaping it into an economic powerhouse within the San Fernando Valley. Among its key sectors:
- Entertainment: The San Fernando Valley stands as a glittering hub for the entertainment industry, housing major players like the Walt Disney Company, Warner Bros., and Sony Pictures. In addition to these giants, the area fosters a vibrant community of smaller production houses and cutting-edge post-production facilities, contributing significantly to the global entertainment landscape.
- Technology: Innovation thrives in the 747 area code, with a robust presence of technology enterprises. Companies like Intel, Broadcom, and Western Digital call this region home, driving technological advancements that resonate globally. Beyond established firms, a dynamic ecosystem of startups and venture capital firms fuels the area’s reputation as a hotbed of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Aerospace: The skies above the San Fernando Valley are dominated by the aerospace industry, with titans like Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin leading the way. These stalwarts, along with numerous defense contractors, propel the region’s aerospace sector to new heights of innovation and excellence.
- Healthcare: The 747 area code boasts a formidable healthcare landscape, anchored by esteemed institutions such as Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, UCLA Health, and Providence Saint Joseph Health. Accompanying these medical giants, a thriving community of medical device companies propels healthcare innovation, ensuring the well-being of residents and beyond.
- Logistics: Logistics form a cornerstone of the area’s economic vitality. Household names like FedEx, UPS, and XPO Logistics operate seamlessly within the 747 area code, facilitating the smooth flow of goods and services. Additionally, a plethora of shipping and freight companies contribute to the region’s logistical prowess, ensuring efficient trade and commerce.
In addition to these key sectors, the 747 area code is a mosaic of industries, including retail, education, and manufacturing, each playing a crucial role in the region’s economic tapestry. This vibrant economic hub, marked by innovation, diversity, and opportunity, not only attracts businesses seeking growth but also provides residents with an unparalleled quality of life, making it a sought-after destination for both professionals and families.