If you’re someone who prefers to keep your phone number private, or perhaps you don’t have access to a mobile device, you might be wondering if there’s a way to use the ChatGPT app without a phone number. The good news is that it is indeed possible, and in this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to do just that. Whether you’re looking to chat with friends and family or connect with new people, we’ll show you how to get started using ChatGPT without having to provide your phone number. So, without further ado, let’s dive in!
What is ChatGPT App?
ChatGPT app is a natural language processing (NLP) AI Chatbot driven by AI technology developed from Open AI. The chatbot has a language-based model that the developer fine-tunes (with help from user feedback) for human interaction. The language model can answer an ever-increasing array of questions and tasks.
Some of the most popular tasks ChatGPT can perform are composing essays, writing emails, creating inventive creative stories, and generating programming code. ChatGPT can provide these answers as it essentially harvests information about a vast variety of topics from across the web and delivers the answers in a concise and conversational manner.
What are the risks associated with using a private number for ChatGPT?
Using a private number when registering for a ChatGPT account can be beneficial, but it can’t be disputed that it also comes with some potential risks. Some are:
If the private number you registered with gets exposed or hacked, it can cause your ChatGPT account to be compromised and accessed by the intruder.
It can be impossible to recover your ChatGPT account because the private number may be retracted or disabled. Hence, proving your identity and claiming the account will be difficult.
Using a private number can make it difficult for ChatGPT to confirm who owns the account.
During a security sweep or check, your account can get suspended if the app picks it up as a suspicious account.
What to Do If I Don’t Want to Share My Phone Number with ChatGPT App
If you’re concerned about sharing your private phone number with ChatGPT App, there are a few steps you can take to protect your privacy while still using the app. Here are some helpful tips:
Use a temporary or virtual phone number service
If you don’t want to share your personal phone number with ChatGPT App, you can use a temporary or virtual phone number service instead. One popular temporary phone number service is Dingtone. You can sign up for a Dingtone account and use the number provided by the service to create a ChatGPT account.
Use a friend’s or family member’s phone number
Another option is to ask a trusted friend or family member if you can use their phone number to sign up for ChatGPT App. This is a good solution if you don’t mind sharing your app activities with someone else.
Use WhatsApp in some regions
In certain countries where ChatGPT is not officially available, you can use WhatsApp instead of a phone number to verify your account. WhatsApp will appear as a verification option if you live in India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Israel, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Ukraine, Malaysia, Egypt, or Turkey only. And while WhatsApp does require a phone number for sign-up, you can use a landline or VoIP number.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Using ChatGPT App Without a Private Phone Number
Using the ChatGPT app is simple, but it does require a phone number during the account creation process. Dingtone is the perfect choice for this because it provides users with an easy-to-use virtual phone number that is separate from their personal number. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the ChatGPT app using Dingtone’s second number.
To create a Dingtone number to verify your ChatGPT account in an easy process:
- Download and Register a Dingtone number on Dingtone App, which is available on both App Store and Google Play Store, easy for iOS and Android users to download. You can also download it from here.
- Enter a country code and a number, and you’ll be allowed to have a second number from Dingtone. The number can be checked by conforming to “Connect” > “My Phone Numbers”. (Phone numbers from France, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, and other European countries are recommended and have been confirmed to work for ChatGPT.)
- You’ll possibly have that number for free on Dingtone based on Dingtone credits. As you’ve earned Dingtone credits, you can make calls to anyone on Dingtone by tapping the central button at the bottom of the user’s interface. As more credits are earned, they can be used to pay for another number.
Then using Dingtone’s second phone number to create a ChatGpt account
- Download the ChatGPT app. You can download the ChatGPT app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the ChatGPT App and click on the “Get Started” button to prompt the Sign-Up page.
- Sign up with your email and any number you generated earlier, then enter your details as required.
- If you receive an OTP, enter it and choose your account type.
- Scroll down to Generation under the Text Completion tab, then click Playground.
- Click on Try it out when you see a message that says Looking for ChatGPT? to open a new tab with the chatbox.
- Start typing searches, texts, or your desired content, then press the Submit button.
That’s it! You have successfully created an account on ChatGPT without using a phone number.
NOTE: In the event that you encounter difficulties with SMS verification using Dingtone numbers (mostly due to policy restrictions imposed by the registration platforms), we strongly recommend contacting our support team for prompt assistance. You can reach us by sending an email to email@example.com.