POF, a short term for Plenty of Fish, is an online dating website with over 90 million users around the globe up to now. Founded by Markus Frind in 2003, POF has established itself as a go-to platform for those seeking meaningful connections in the digital realm. Its global reach is evident through its availability in five different languages, ensuring a diverse and inclusive user experience. Impressively, POF has kept more than 55,000 new registrations every day. Put it in a different way, one out of three around you have found their Mr. or Mrs. Rights through POF. However, registering for POF often requires a phone number and other personal information. However, some users might be hesitant to share their private phone numbers due to privacy concerns. Fortunately, there are ways to register for POF without a private phone number.
- Does Plenty of Fish Require a Phone Number for an Account?
- What is Plenty of Fish Phone Number Verification?
- Why do People Hesitate to Use Their Private Numbers to Register for POF?
- How to Create a Plenty of Fish Account?
- How to Bypass POF Phone Verification without Your Real Number?
- How to Bypass POF Phone SMS Verification with Dingtone?
Does Plenty of Fish Require a Phone Number for an Account?
Plenty of Fish (POF) has started demanding number verification as a security measure to help prevent fraudulent accounts and protect its users from spam and scams. To sign up for POF online, on a desktop or mobile, a phone number is required mostly for Two-Factor Authentication and security purposes but most people hesitate to do so because of some privacy and security considerations. To tell you the truth, you can still use POF or bypass the POF SMS verification without your own private phone number.
What is Plenty of Fish Phone Number Verification?
As you create an account on POF, a real phone number (it should be real and valid and doesn’t have to be your private number) is required and the phone number should be at least able to receive an SMS verification code sent by the POF server.
On the one hand, a real phone number is required to identify and verify a real person on an online dating site. Up to now, a private phone number has been linked with so much personal information that a phone number can be used as an ID card for a real person.
On the other hand, a real phone number is required so that the number of possible spammers can be reduced. Some people take advantage of POF to do something evil but a real private phone number makes it difficult to do so.
Why do People Hesitate to Use Their Private Numbers to Register for POF?
When it comes to online dating accounts signing up with a private number, it’s possible that people usually hesitate to do because of the following considerations.
To Avoid being Hurt or Tracked by Jerks
It’s so difficult to see how a jerk sucks unless you have a real conversation with or date him or her. Perfect matches can be hardly discovered on the first date. Anyone who wants to restart a romantic relationship again just like when they first used POF and never expects to get their affairs in the future spoiled by previous unhappy moments.
To Balance their Real Life and Online Dating
Some people want to keep a balance between their real life and online dating. They believe online dating shouldn’t be mixed with their real life or dating may be mixed with their real life unless they believe it to be as “real” as possible. They aren’t actually evil but that’s just a way of life or an attitude toward romance. In their mind, private phone numbers are so correlated with their life that should be separated from their online dating.
How to Create a Plenty of Fish Account?
To create a Plenty of Fish (POF) account, follow these steps:
- Choose the platform you want to sign up on: POF is available on desktop web or you can download the app from the Google Play Store or the iOS Store.
- Click on “Register” or “Sign Up” on the homepage.
- Fill in the required information, including your username, password, email address, date of birth, gender, and location.
- Create a unique username and password that you will remember.
- Provide a valid email address as you will need to verify your account.
- Add your dating preference and other details about yourself, such as your interests, hobbies, and what you are looking for in a relationship.
- Add a phone number for Two-Factor Authentication and fill in the verification code sent to you
- After your account is verified, you can start using the POF platform to find and connect with other users.
How to Bypass POF Phone Verification without Your Real Number?
If you don’t want to use your own private phone number to create a POF account but still want to use POF, the following two methods are suggested.
Email to POF Customer Service
If you don’t have a mobile phone number or don’t wish to provide a mobile phone number when signing up for POF, you can still verify your POF account by emailing into POF customer care team at CSR@pof.com and they will be available to create your POF account. This article is suggested so that a detailed guide will be got.
Use a Second Phone Number
You can also get a second phone number to register POF specifically to receive an SMS verification code from a WiFi calling app.
Preparing a second phone number with a sim card is quite a burden. On one hand, you should prepare a second mobile phone as well and you should pay for its service but you seldom use it to call or message. On the other hand, there are few chances to use it to call or text. What you really need is just a second phone number when registering an account on POF.
Fortunately, you can get a second phone number from Dingtone. A Dingtone number can be used to make calls and message the globe no matter where you are. What’s more, it can be used to register most online accounts such as Telegram, Instagram, and WhatsApp if you need to have an account specialized for your job or marketing.
How to Bypass POF Phone SMS Verification with Dingtone?
- Step#1. Download Dingtone and install it on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Step#2. Open Dingtone and tap the “Connect” button at the bottom of the interface.
- Step#3. Tap the “Get Your First Phone Number”.
- Step#4. Select the Country, Area Code, and final phone number.
- Step#5. Click the “Continue” button to pay for this number.
- Step#6. Use your Dingtone number to create an account on POF. When a verification code is required, you’ll receive it in messages received on the Dingtone app.
IMPORTANT tip: choose to pay for the number with Dingtone credits and you’ll be able to have a phone number for free.
Apart from POF registration, Dingtone credits can be also used to call and text, which leads Dingtone to be a useful calling app that can be used free of charge.
Apart from POF, Dingtone numbers have been verified to work with the following platforms or services:
NOTE: In the event that you encounter difficulties with SMS verification using Dingtone numbers (mostly due to policy restrictions imposed by the registration platforms), we strongly recommend contacting our support team for prompt assistance. You can reach us by sending an email to email@example.com.