Capital One is one of the largest credit card issuers in the United States. With a wide range of banking and credit services, Capital One attracts numerous individuals seeking reliable financial solutions. If you’re ready to register for Capital One and worry about privacy leaks or unwanted marketing calls, this article is just right for you since you’re not the only one that needs a balance between banking, credit, and privacy.
Why does Capital One Require Your Phone Number?
Capital One is a financial services company that offers a range of products including credit cards, checking and savings accounts, mortgages, and personal loans. It is headquartered in McLean, Virginia and was founded in 1988. Capital One is known for its innovative use of technology in the financial industry and its customer-friendly approach to banking. In addition to its banking products, the company also offers financial planning and investment services through its Capital One Advisors division.
A phone number is used for Capital One just to keep a link between the application and the user so that notifications are able to be sent to users with ease. Capital One may require phone verification as part of the account opening process or for certain account-related activities. For example, when opening a new account, Capital One may ask for your phone number and send you a verification code via text message or call to confirm that you are the person opening the account. In some cases, Capital One may also use phone verification as an additional security measure to confirm your identity when you request certain account changes or transactions, such as making a large purchase or transferring funds. The user’s online identification on Capital One is determined by the Social Security Number that is required as a new account is to be created on Capital One.
When it comes to other online services, however, a phone number plays a role as the unique identification of the number owner because not all applications will or should call for your social security number. However, to label the uniqueness of all users, phone numbers are easy and convenient to use and it’s impossible for multiple users to have the same number, which is naturally beneficial to identifying users.
How to Create a Capital One Account with a Second Phone Number?
If you are waorried about privacy leaks or unwanted marketing calls, you can use a second phone number to create a Capital One account instead of your own phone number.
- Go to Capital One official website and click the “Set Up Online Access” button at the right upper corner of the page.
- Enter your personal information including your Last Name, Social Security Number or bank account number, and Date of Birth. Tap the “Get Started” to continue.
- Provide your second phone number and fill in the verification code that can be got from your number application.
- Finish providing other related information and complete the registration.
How and Where to Get a Valid Phone Number with Low Cost?
Everyone needs more than a phone number, but not more than a phone.
It seems common sense that multiple numbers can be used to deal with different issues, which is especially true for businesses because a business number represents focus and professionalism and is beneficial for the balance between work and life.
Using a number app is the easiest way to get a phone number with ease.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting a phone number from a number app (Dingtone as an example).
- Download and install Dingtone on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the “Connect” and enter the “Get Your First Phone Number” interface.
- Select a country code, area code, and a number.
- Complete the purchase with payment suitably achieved.
Dingtone features a Dingtone credit system based on which calls and messages can be done with no cost and credits can be also used to pay for a number.
- Supporting Capital One registration for a verification code (tested and proved by Dingtone users)
- Low cost or even FREE (due to Dingtone credit system)
- Used by billions of millions of users around the world
- Capable of replacing all apps for calls, messaging, and instant communications